Portfolio AnalystBookmark This
This position is responsible for leading quality standards and process improvement initiatives through the use of measurements, accountability, and analysis in order to achieve best practices. This position also prepares complex financial analysis, budgeting, forecasting, and reporting documents of significant scope.
- Document and maintain operational policies and procedures.
- Develop operational performance and quality metric standards and reports.
- Solicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirement surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis.
- Collect and analyze process data to initiate and recommend business practices and procedures that focus on increased productivity and reduced cost.
- Analyze and measure the effectiveness of existing business processes.
- Research and recommend best business practices within and outside the organization to establish benchmark data.
- Research new and emerging information technologies which can support reengineering business processes.
- Develop implementation plans for review by functional business owner.
- Develop, track, and report business metrics and service level agreements to key stakeholders.
- Develop tools and models to measure performance and challenge business results for the region.
- Assist area management staff to understand, interpret and comply with functional policies, procedures and processes; identify potential issues and develop, recommend and champion appropriate change proposals as needed.
- Communicate business results, operational analyses, change recommendations and other information developed and/or received; champion appropriate changes throughout the group.
- Provide complex financial and business support for management teams.
- Lead budgetary/financial issues as requested/required including conducting complex financial analysis, budgeting, forecasting, and reporting. Prepare and present to management team complex forecast and financial/operational reporting package for management teams and other stakeholders.
- Perform complex research and analysis of various financial or operational data to provide historical and trending information.
- Create, develop and maintain complex reporting systems and presentations that measure financial/operational effectiveness of business operations and management actions.
- May provide project direction to Senior Business Analyst.
- Collect and evaluate financial operational, service, and performance data to identify trends and areas for improvement.
- Analyze new business requirements and identify and recommend the most effective approach and resolution to issues.
- Define operational and strategic approaches to ensure business success by continuously improving business processes.
- Create complex financial models of "what if" scenarios to help future business planning.
- Develop complex reports from databases to provide management with information to make sound decisions; present report finding to management.
- Perform complex data modeling studies and develop detailed data models.
- Design, create and implement basic databases, including the analysis of complex data contained in the databases.
Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in Computer Science, Finance, Business Administration or related discipline.
Typically 7 years of related experience.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Personal, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program, and Veterinary Care Insurance.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
CA Technologies and all of its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate's race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: CA Technologies does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any CA Technologies employee. CA Technologies will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of CA Technologies and will be processed accordingly.
This position can be based in the following locations:
US, New York, Islandia , 100A
Date posted: 12/06/2013