Pre-Analytical Laboratory Coordinator-Laboratory San CarlosBookmark This
Palo Alto Medical Foundation
San Carlos, CA
This job coordinates the day-to-day activities of pre-analytical lab staff to support the Pre-Analytical Laboratory Supervisor.
- Manages activities in the pre-analytical area of the laboratory, to include PSR, phlebotomy, central processing and information management/client services.
- Assists the Pre-Analytical Laboratory Supervisor in the day-to-day operation of the pre-analytical section of the lab, including schedule changes, reassignment of staff to meet patient demand and staffing levels.
- Investigates complaints and incident reports, recommend and document effective solutions.
- Oversees, designs, maintains and implements employee orientation, training and competencies (initial and annual) in all pre-analytical areas of the laboratory.
- Provide a cooperative and constructive image with interacting with patients, physicians and/or other staff
- Review and maintain records of QA logs, equipment maintenance logs and all reference laboratory specimen problem logs.
- Follows the commitment to excellence and treats patients, families, visitors, and each other with courtesy, dignity, respect and professionalism.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
High School or Equivalent
California Phlebotomy Certification
Minimum 5 years or 5,000 hours recent experience in the medical field performing phlebotomy on adult and pediatric patients.
Strong knowledge of specimen collection and processing requirements.
Knowledge of laboratory information systems, electronic health systems and Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
Clinical Laboratory and patient care environment with frequent exposure to blood-boorne pathogens and hazardous materials. Majority of work requires standing and/or walking for long periods of time.
Preferrablywith a major in science field.