Premium Field Audit Trainee-Walnut Creek/ConcordBookmark This
San Francisco, CA
DescriptionWHAT CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT THIS POSITION? Are you a self-motivated and goal oriented? Do you enjoy direct customer interaction and working independently at client locations? Are you numbers oriented? Do you enjoy working in the field while being based out of your home? Do you have a passion for meeting new people on a daily basis and developing lasting business relationships? If you answered yes to these questions, we have a career for you. WHAT ARE THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION?
- Performing annual on-site review of policyholder's payroll, accounting and financial records to determine final exposures on auditable commercial lines policies.
- Review of policyholder's business operations to determine correct classification(s) and identifying factors affecting insurability.
- Maintaining positive customer relationships and provides technical expertise for internal and external customers.
- Discuss questions and concerns with the insureds to ensure the understanding of exposure changes and promote a professional customer experience.
- Ensure quality through correctly utilizing of manual rules and risk classification.
- Completing and transmitting audits in a timely manner.
- Consistently remaining current on premium audit related rules and information
WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICATIONS?
- B.S. / B.A. degree required with some basic accounting courses
- Demonstrated ability to effectively influence others with professional tact and diplomacy
- Strong relationship management skills
- Passion for exceptional customer service thru daily face to face interactions with our Commercial clients
- Must have strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to present subject matter clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically a command of Excel
- Strong analytical skills
- Must be self-motivated and organized
- Effective decision-making skills.
- Clean driving record (a company car will be provided)
With more than 200 years of expertise, The Hartford (NYSE: HIG) is a leader in property and casualty insurance, group benefits and mutual funds. The company offers a full complement of business insurance coverages, auto and home insurance, employee benefits and a family of mutual funds to help its customers prepare for the unexpected, protect what is most important to them, and prevail in the event the unexpected happens. Headquartered in Hartford, Conn., the company has approximately 20,000 employees located throughout the country. The Hartford reported 2012 revenues of $26.4 billion. Throughout its history, the company has delivered on its promises to agents, brokers and customers, insuring some of the nation's most historic construction projects, such as the Golden Gate Bridge and the Hoover Dam. The Hartford has also paid claims related to some of America's largest disasters, including the Great Chicago Fire of 1871, the San Francisco Earthquake of 1906, the September 11 terrorist attacks, and more recently, Hurricane Katrina and Storm Sandy. The Hartford's biggest competitive advantage is its employees. We hire a broad range of talented teammates from diverse backgrounds and cultures. We look for teammates who share our vision to be an exceptional company celebrated for financial performance, character, and customer value. The Hartford is widely recognized for its service excellence, sustainability practices, and trust and integrity. The company has been recognized by:
- Human Rights Campaign as a 2014 Best Place to work for LGBT Equality (2014)
- Dow Jones Sustainability Index as a leader in corporate sustainability (2013)
- Carbon Disclosure Project on the 2013 Climate Performance Leadership Index (2013)
- GI Jobs as a 2014 Military Friendly Employer (2014)
- Military Times Edge as a Best for Vets Employer (2013)
- Ethisphere Institute as One of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" (2008-2012)