Preschool Assistant TeachersBookmark This
YMCA of Greater Hartford
149 Farmington Avenue
DescriptionThe Wheeler Regional Family YMCA is seeking a cause driven, innovative Preschool Assistant Teacher to join their team. Under the direction of the Head Teacher, the Toddler Assistant Teacher works for the YMCA of Greater Hartford and will assist the Head Teacher in the preparation and delivery of daily activities by completing assigned task. Candidate must be able to support new skills for each child as they progress through developmental stages and foster growth and development by providing a balance of activities that encourage physical and intellectual development.
Requirements• Be at least 18 years of age AND possess an Associate’s degree in Early Childhood Education or C.D.A., AND two years direct experience working with children under the age of 6 in a preschool setting.
• Bachelor’s Degree with 12 credits in early childhood education, child development, elementary education, physical education, recreation or related field, preferred but not required.
• Certification in CPR and/or First Aid required within six months of employment.
• Bring to this position maturity, responsibility, and a sincere interest in working with children
• Have very strong interpersonal and organization skills.
• Be creative with lots of energy and can inspire children to learn and grow.
Employment is subject to background check.