Principle Quantitative Analyst - Bridgeport, CTBookmark This
Citizens Financial Group
RBS Citizens Financial Group, Inc. (RBSCFG) seeks a Principal Quantitative Analyst for its Bridgeport, CT location.
Duties: Use statistical/analytical tools and optimization techniques to interpret business information that assists with decision making and policy formulation for Credit Risk Management of consumer loan portfolios. Define data requirements, gather and validate information on issues related to debt management, applying judgment and statistical tests. Perform data extraction from databases, quality checks, data design and acquisition and statistical analysis. Collaborate with decision-makers to identify and evaluate a variety of opportunities to improve pre- and post- default performance on portfolios. Formulate mathematical, econometric or simulation models of business strategies and actions, relating constants and variables, restrictions, alternatives, conflicting objectives, and their numerical parameters to maximize efficiency and profitability. Perform validation and testing of models to ensure adequacy and reformulate models as necessary. Utilize software tools and applications including SQL and SAS, database technologies, and project management software. Study and analyze business problems and generate hypotheses, using data to prove those hypotheses and generate business recommendations using statistical techniques including predictive modeling, regression and segmentation. Prepare reports defining and evaluating problems and recommending solutions. Implement strategies in conjunction with technology/operations teams.
Must have a Master's degree in Operations Research, Mathematics, Engineering or related and 3 years of experience in the position offered or as a Quantitative Analyst or related within the financial services sector.
Alternatively, company will accept a Bachelor's degree in the same fields followed by 5 years of progressive experience as described.
Full term of required experience must involve:
- Using the statistical analysis system SAS, specifically advanced SAS programming, SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Enterprise Miner;
- Using statistical analysis techniques including predictive modeling, regression and segmentation;
- Using data management tools for statistical analysis including relational database technologies, specifically SQL;
- Manipulating data for statistical analysis purposes, including data extraction from databases, data quality review, design of data management and acquisition systems;
- Using statistical analysis of data to provide management information to support business decisions for a financial services company, specifically analyzing business problems, generating hypotheses, and using data and statistical analysis to prove hypotheses and presenting these business recommendations to senior staff; and developing operational strategies for maximizing portfolio performance and company profitability by using econometric model results and making recommendations.
Direct applicants only.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of RBS Citizens, N.A. to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any othercategory protected by federal, state and/or local laws.