Process & Device Simulation InternBookmark This
DescriptionJob Description: Apply and develop software tools, algorithms, physical models, and methodologies to support the development and optimization of leadership process technologies and device architectures. Specific duties will include active participation in defining the modeling and simulation tool scope, development of tools, algorithms, physical models and methodologies, and application of modeling capabilities to understand fundamental issues in process/device design to accelerate technology development. The individual is expected to actively participate in process and device modeling teams. Development and application areas include:
Device: Advanced device transport (NEGF, Monte Carlo), quantum effects, electronic structure, novel device and memory operation, optoelectronics, mesh generation.
Process: Defect-coupled diffusion/activation, computational materials science, high-k/metal gate materials and interfaces, modeling of novel processes and materials.
The responsibilities will include software and model development, application, and data analysis. Due to the nature of the work, the candidate must have good inter-personal, written and verbal communication skills, and ability to work well in a team environment.
* The candidate should be pursuing a Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field
* Graduate level courses/projects relevant to semiconductor process technology and/or device physics.
* The candidate should have demonstrated strong software and unix skills.
* Experience in unix scripting (tcl/tk, perl, etc.)
* Experience in C++/C programming and software design