Process Engineer/Safety Coordinator - Bristol, PABookmark This
Columbia Lighting, a division of Hubbell Lighting and a leading manufacturer of commercial, industrial, and decorative fluorescent lighting products has an outstanding full time opportunity available in our conveniently located Bristol facility in Pennsylvania for a Process Engineer/Safety Coordinator.
Duties may include:
- Maintenance Support: Provide immediate, “hands-on” technical support to maintenance personnel for troubleshooting equipment problems and maintenance issues associated with metal stamping, metal fabrication, power coating, assembly operations. Lead conduct process troubleshooting using 8D methodology.
- Manufacturing Support: Assist supervisors production employees in resolving manufacturing process problems and reworking defective product. Conduct 8D Root Cause Analysis Corrective Action for all re-occurring defects process problems.
- Equipment Uptime Monitoring Control: Develop install a system to monitor the uptime for each critical process/piece of equipment on a daily basis. Take immediate, correction action to maximize the uptime.
- Process Control: Monitor process yields costs. Recommend implement quality improvements based up these metrics.
- TPM: Develop implementation a TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) Program for each critical process/piece of equipment. Develop AM (autonomous maintenance) Program train production personnel; develop PM (preventative maintenance) Program train maintenance personnel. Monitor records provide technical support to ensure TPM Program remains on course.
- Equipment Documentation: Develop implement a system to centralize, update, maintain all equipment documentation for each critical process/piece of equipment (blue prints, operating manuals, etc.).
- Process Documentation: Develop, implement, maintain Work Instructions for each critical process/piece of equipment. Train manufacturing personnel, as required. Develop implement a system to centralize, update, maintain all process documentation for each critical process/piece of equipment.
- Serve as a technical “Resource” and provide daily support to the Self Directed Work Teams and various Apprenticeships programs.
- Lean Mfg: Work in conjunction with LPO (lean promotion officer) to drive SMED (single minute exchange of dies) CTR (cycle time reduction) for each critical process/piece of equipment. Design, Schedule, and lead Kaizen events, as necessary.
- Process Improvement/Cost Reduction: Proactively identify implement “innovative” process improvements cost reduction initiatives. Utilize Solid Edge to design/redesign fixtures equipment, as required. Quantify potential opportunities, follow through assigned projects to completion, and document actual Savings. Facilitate lead PFMEA’s, as required.
- Safety Coordinator: Serve as the plant Safety Coordinator and work side by side with the Platform Safety Manager. Practice “Behavior-Based Safety” daily proactively drive improvements in Safety. Incorporate R3 (risk management) safety features into process designs and methods. Schedule facilitate Safety Steering Safety Committee mtgs.
- New Process Development: Work closely with Design Engineering, Tooling Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, Marketing to develop and implement new processes.
- Manufacturing Plans: Develop recommend Annual Manufacturing Plan. Compare existing production capacities to forecasted demand and identify all equipment fixture rebuilds, purchases, etc.
- Project Mgmt: Provide project management of all new, modified or rebuilt machinery. Project management to include: a) define Machine Specs SOW (scope of work), b) request Quotes, c) develop justification, d) submit AFE (authorization for expenditure), and e) follow-up to ensure timely approval of funding. Then, Lead sub-team to expedite implementation: f)develop implementation schedule including responsibilities targeted completion dates, g)track progress and maintain schedule and budget, and h)provide timely project milestone progress reports.
- Perform various other assignments, as required.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering Discipline with 5 plus years of “hands on” experience working in a manufacturing environment with Progressive Dies/metal stamping, metal fabrication (Turrets Brake Presses),: Knowledge of machine monitoring system, preventive maintenance system, behavior based safety, Lean manufacturing techniques Six Sigma is a plus. Experience working with Solid Edge or equivalent is required. Proficiency in MS Office is required. SAP experience is a plus.
With a career at Columbia Lighting, you'll enjoy:
- Group Insurance
- Comprehensive medical
- Prescription drug program
- Dental and vision program
- Life insurance
- Additional optional life insurance
- Short-term disability
- 401(k) with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee recognition program
- 2 weeks paid vacation
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Columbia Lighting is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability