Product Analyst Internship - Commercial Insurance - Boston, MABookmark This
Liberty Mutual Insurance
DescriptionGain valuable business experience at a Fortune 100 company! Liberty Mutual Insurance's internship programs give you a chance to work on a variety of critical business assignments, test your skills, use your academic knowledge, and match your interests to a real job. As an intern at Liberty Mutual Insurance, you will focus on developing the skills necessary for success by assisting professionals with day-to-day job assignments and by participating in additional training or project work. The company's internship program is intended to provide students the opportunity to practice business skills learned in school while gaining real-world work experience. In the Commercial Insurance Product Management business unit, you will research, analyze, and recommend solutions that support high impact decision making. Responsibilities:
- Participate in various training activities to enhance your business acumen and technical ability. Activities may include on-the-job training, classroom instruction, self-study and assigned activities.
- Collaborate with business partners around the country to gather data, identify opportunities and assist in the management of various product lines.
- Partner with current Product Analysts to conduct analysis and generate reports, develop recommendations, create new procedures and policies.
- Work individually or as part of a team on substantial projects.
- Build business and professional skills that will prepare you for leadership positions.
- Gain valuable real world experience with a Fortune 100 company.
- Effective analytical skills to gather information, analyze facts, and draw conclusions
- Ability to provide information in a clear, concise manner
- Recommended academic focus in an analytical discipline such as: mathematics, statistics, actuarial science, economics, finance, business, information systems, etc.
- Microsoft Excel and Access experience required; SAS, SQL, etc. experience preferred
- Attention to detail in a fast-paced work environment and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work full-time for a minimum of 10-12 weeks (June-August)
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA; additional requirements may apply
- Must be currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree