Product Support Engineer InternBookmark This
Perceptive Software, a division of Lexmark, International, builds technology that gives organizations visibility to and control over all of the processes and data they need to work smarter, within the context of their enterprise software applications. We combine a practical knowledge of the customers business and the right mix of technology, with the most relevant best practices to deliver complete solutions that tackle todays biggest organizational challengesfinancial performance, managing risk and adapting to the future. As one of the fastest growing software companies in the world, Perceptive is always looking for talented professionals with the focus and the drive to go farther.
Perceptive Software, Inc. is enjoying rapid growth with its unique, patented document imaging, management and workflow software. We are currently seeking Product Support Interns. Interns are responsible for providing technical support to a customer base of system administrators and end-users.
- Work proactively and energetically interact in a team environment.
- Work with a highly diverse customer base.
- Learn new technology, including our document imaging suite of products.
- Manage multiple tasks while remaining detail oriented.
- Provide comprehensive support for our customer base, meet or exceed the standards of service outlined in our support and maintenance agreements, and ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction, and provide timely and accurate communication of issue status and resolution to the customer.
- Provide frontline product support for incoming phone, email and web based support requests.
- Follow standard troubleshooting processes through resolution, document all issues in Perceptive Softwares issue tracking database.
- Work with Perceptive Software team members to efficiently troubleshoot and solve problems.
- Work shift hours, provide back-up and emergency support when necessary.
- Previous help desk experience is a bonus.
- Operating Systems: Windows 98/NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista, Unix (Solaris, HP/UX, AIX), Linux.
- Knowledge of Relational Database.
- Scripting Skills.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college or university on a full-time basis seeking a Technical degree.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
Knowledge of the following technologies is a plus:
- Messaging Systems: Lotus Domino, Microsoft Exchange, Novell GroupWise.
- Hardware: Peripheral installation & configuration (scanners, SCSI cards, SCSI devices, fax boards).
- Networking: TCP/IP protocol, Ethernet, WAN, LDAP, Active Directory, Novell NetWare.