Professional Systems Analyst (45664)Bookmark This
Whole Foods Market
Professional Systems Analyst (Deployment Engineer)
Location: Austin, TX
We offer great benefits and a friendly work atmosphere with open books, open doors, and open people. We also encourage you to have a life! That's why our team members have chosen us as one of FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" every year since the list began in 1998.
Whole Foods Market is the world's leading natural and organic foods supermarket retailer. Our philosophy is to satisfy and delight our customers and to support Team Member happiness and excellence. Why? We believe that each and every team member is a valued contributor.
The Systems Management Team is looking for an enthusiastic technical professional to join our Team to manage the implementation and deployment phases of the system/application lifecycle across all IT teams.
You will be part of a highly skilled and self motivated team responsible for achieving more efficient and effective deployment methodologies across all IT teams.
The Professional Systems Analyst will
- Simultaneously support production, development and quality assurance systems in a dynamically changing environment of integrated systems
- Install, deploy, modify, and upgrade applications software
- Serve as technical liaison between IT groups
- Ensure all SDLC (i.e. code review and QA) processes have been completed and final sign off complete prior to deployment.
- Work with business partners to have input into release calendar and strategy.
- Assist in development of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for post-production deployments.
- Maintain integrity of enterprise applications by adhering to configuration management and change control procedures
- Provide 24 hour on-call support for scheduled deployments.
- Convey computing concepts effectively to non-technical users
- Manage Change Control Requests i.e. analysis; retention and storage of supporting documentation, scheduling and coordination of changes.
- Ensure application and systems migration process and documentation complies with applicable SOX standards related to security and application level controls.
- Help lead the IT teams in improving the application deployment process, including consistent planning, reviewing, executing, and approval process.
- Assist in owning, developing, and supporting change management toolsets
- Working knowledge of UNIX and scripting (Powershell required)
- Experience implementing ITIL or ITSM best practices framework
- At least 4 years relevant experience
- Strong knowledge of Windows
- Experience working with Oracle databases
- Working SQL knowledge and skills
- Experience working with production critical systems in high pressure situations
- Application and System implementation experience
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Acute problem-solving skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills under pressure
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong work ethic
- Experience in all phases of a project lifecycle
- A quick learner
- Able to think creatively and logically
- Able to work for extended periods without supervision
- Able to manage multiple tasks projects simultaneously
- Able to work gracefully under pressure
- Able to deal with ambiguity; patient, understanding and flexible
- Able to provide all application level support to all departments
- Able to independently manage time effectively
- Ready to work outside regular business hours when needs of the business require
- Comfortable with multi-tasking, handling interrupts, and working with non-technical users
- Team playerdemonstrate a positive and encouraging attitude
- Experience with operational processes Service Level Agreements
- Experience with application development
- Experience with ITIL
- Minimal approx. 5-10%
Whole Foods Market, Inc is an equal opportunity employer.