Sustainability Program AssistantBookmark This
Healthier Hospitals Initiative
DescriptionThis dynamic position will be reporting to the Director of a national initiative focused on environmental sustainability in healthcare. It will allow for the chance to get hands-on experience in the development of new projects and initiatives targeting a range of sustainability subject areas.
This position will help support communications and outreach for the campaign as well as general campaign support and administrative tasks. It offers the opportunity to work alongside leaders in the rapidly-emerging field of healthcare sustainability, and is a very exciting opportunity for motivated professionals.
The HHI Program Assistant will have the option of working either remotely or out of the Reston office, and will support team members located in virtual offices throughout the country. This individual will also act as a liaison between the HHI Director/staff and outside networks, NGOs, donors and leaders in the movement.
This internship requires a time commitment of 20-40 hours per week, with an established schedule that fits the needs of both the intern and the HHI team. Please indicate your availability in your response.
ResponsibilitiesThis position will directly support a variety of internal projects, with opportunities to work on both the strategic and technical sides of project management, communications and outreach/engagement. The individual filling this role will help plan, implement and support a wide range of initiatives to help promote environmental sustainability in healthcare on a national level.
Sample duties include:
• Blog Management: Manage blog content, including writing blogs and coordinating content submitted by outside industry experts
• Webinar Coordination: Connect with national experts on sustainability topics to coordinate monthly webinars related to environmental sustainability in healthcare; may also including gathering bios and coordinating moderating calls
• Research: Work on special projects as assigned, including research and document/presentation preparation.
• Website support: Develop content for new areas of website, such as a speaker's bureau, presentation library and policy library
• Communications Support: Develop presentations for national/regional conferences and coordinate case study development
• Project Management: Organize and collect progress reports
• Meeting Planning: Assist in onsite and offsite meeting planning
• Other assorted administrative tasks
Requirements• Education: Minimum High School Diploma or GED; Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Microsoft Office software experience required, Drupal or basic website editing experience preferred
• Knowledge of sustainability principles a plus
• Strong research skills with demonstrated experience (either through coursework or extracurricular activities)
• Think-outside-the-box mentality which lends itself to developing new programs and identifying untapped opportunities
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to multi-task while successfully maintaining a tight schedule
• Team player who thrives when working with others
• Motivated self-starter who will take initiative for their work and not be afraid to ask questions
• Positive and enthusiastic attitude a MUST
• Minimum 3 months of availability required