Program Intern--Spring 2014Bookmark This
Childspring International Inc.
1328 Peachtree St NE
DescriptionChildspring International provides medical care and opportunities for a better life to children around the world.
The job of the program intern is to initiate the recruitment process of American doctors and hospitals. He or she must be detail-oriented and able to handle multiple tasks. The person will assist the Director with the overall coordination and maintenance of children’s files. They will research diagnosis and treatment options. It is preferable that they speak a foreign language, have international travel experience, and some medical knowledge. Other duties will be administrative and include the detailed organization of paperwork, computer database upkeep and operation, general correspondence between Childspring and interested parties. Interns should be able to commit to at least 25 hours a week.
Goals and Objectives:
• Ensure that all children’s cases are in order
• Research doctors and hospitals to medically treat our children’s cases
• Research the best method of transportation for the child to travel
• Thank all involved in the children’s cases after completed.
Internship can be full-time or part-time and it involves a minimum commitment of 25 hours/week. Part-time students must be able to work within a consistent schedule.
Internship opportunities are available year round but typically following a school calendar: Session I (January - April), Session II (May - August), Session III (September – December)
Assist Director in the following areas:
• Assist with overall coordination and maintenance of child’s file
• Airline Reservations for in-coming children as requested by Director
• Research diagnosis and treatment options
• Miscellaneous special projects
• Interaction with children
• Detail-oriented, able to handle multiple tasks
• Microsoft Office experience
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Mature, professional and responsible
• Ability to work independently
• Prefer foreign language skills
• Prefer international travel experience
• Prefer some medical knowledge