Program InternBookmark This
8383 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 232
Beverly Hills, CA
DescriptionLupus LA, the West Coast division of the S.L.E. Lupus Foundation, promotes lupus research, awareness, and education, and serves the needs of people with lupus and their families in Los Angeles County. Committed to the hope and demonstrated promise of innovative science, Lupus LA partners with the Lupus Research Institute (LRI) to fund novel lupus research that will prevent, treat and cure the complex disease.
Lupus LA provides services to people with lupus and their families, including:
* Pediatric support groups to help kids and parents learn how to cope with the challenges of living with lupus.
* Monthly support groups in English and Spanish
* Patient education, peer support, doctor referrals and assistance with navigating the entitlement and benefits process.
* Emergency grants that enable families affected by lupus to purchase life-saving medication and pay overdue bills
* Enrichment grants that help families with limited financial resources provide activities such as after-school lessons in art, music and swimming.
Outline of Role: The Lupus LA intern will provide support to our staff members, and will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects. This internship is ideal for someone who is interested in program development and evaluation, strategic planning and implementation, and budgeting. The role can be expanded to fit the interests of the selected applicant.
* Assist with mailings for fundraising events and support groups.
* Provide support to staff for fundraising and patient events.
* Assemble information packets for recently diagnosed patients.
* Assist with strategic community outreach and network development.
* Assist with the development of policy and training manuals.
* Conduct outreach around events and programs.
* Data entry
* Other duties as assigned.
To apply: Send resume, cover letter and writing sample to email@example.com or fax to 310-860-9966.