330 Old Country Road
Descriptionwww.We-Care.com gives back in a unique way and is focused on empowering nonprofits to generate donation revenue at no cost to their supporters or the causes while simultaneously meeting marketing objectives of the cause all paid for with online shopping and search behavior of the supporters. Every month we select a nonprofit cause as a cause of the month. The micro-donations paid by merchants and search engine advertisers add up for both the cause of the month as well as the causes that are using the technology/service.
http://www.we-care.com/blog/?page_id=2362 (millions raised annually across hundreds of causes, a million raised for the ASPCA already in the pipeline).
A cause of the month typically earns about $10,000 as did SaveTheChildren and CleanWaterAction among others.
We have hired interns for FT employment several times. Strong preferences for candidates with permanent US work authorization.
ResponsibilitiesContribute to the success of the business, take on projects that are a stretch, learn a lot.
Have fun coding.
• Dynamically created web content
• Connecting to databases for data input and reporting
• Integration or development of content management systems (CMS)
Windows Desktop Client and possibly Mac Client Programming
• Use of Visual C and other desktop application programs
Server-Side programming (Java, PHP, PERL, Python, Ruby)
• Web-Server chron jobs and data transformations
• Data collection spiders (spidering the web)
• Data cleaning algorithms using regular expressions and data parsing
• Data validity models
• Custom DNS and/or Proxy Server programming
System Administration and Database Programming
• General Linux System Administration
• Database Schema Design (my SQL, Postgres, Hadoop, Mongo and perhaps other databases)
• Database Maintenance