Programming Literacy Project CoordinatorBookmark This
Connecticut Public Television
1049 Asylum Avenue
DescriptionAvailability: One position extending over Fall and Spring semesters or one position for the Fall semester and one position for the Spring semester
Hours: 10-20 hours per week
Supervisor: Programming Director
Internship Summary: Develop partnerships with appropriate organizations, institutions, and underwriters and enhance the community outreach opportunities available through the CPTV programming activities and events.
• Develop, foster, and maintain appropriate partnership opportunities to promote CPTV programming. Create database for new opportunities. Organize mailing based on existing database.
• Coordinate all promotional activities (both air and non-air), working with Corporate Communications and Marketing to coordinate underwriter and press coverage; work with web Master to promote contest on web, post winning entries from previous year and post new winners at the conclusion of the contest
• Coordinate and execute mailings pertaining to projects
• Perform administrative duties that relate to the implementation of programming initiatives, activities and events
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to perform multiple tasks
• Computer, database management skills, and excellent interpersonal skills a must
• Strong library sciences, child development skills and/or marketing background a plus