Programs & Services InternshipBookmark This
National Multiple Sclerosis Society New Jersey Metro Chapter
246 Monmouth Road
DescriptionNational MS Society is a collective of passionate individuals who want to do something about MS now. This means we actively raise funds to provide programs and services for people with MS and to fund research to move us closer to a world free of multiple sclerosis. The NJ Metro Chapter strives to provide knowledge and assistance to help people with MS and their families maintain the highest possible quality of life. These goals are achieved through national and local programs that:
- Inform and educate people with MS and their families, professionals, community leaders and the public about multiple sclerosis.
- Provide support programs that help people with MS and their families manage the impact of the disease.
- Help people gain access to community resources and quality, specialty health care.
- Stimulate changes in the community and public policy beneficial to people affected by MS.
ResponsibilitiesProgram Internship responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Seek to educate donors, event participants and the public about the society's mission
- Program event logistics
- Material development and mailings
- Assist Program Department with community development activities
- Maintain and Update files for community resources
- Some generic clerical work
- Ideal candidate has an interest in social work, program planning, advocacy or related field
- Proficiency in the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and mail merges; email and web searches
- Excellent administrative skills, detail-oriented and organized
- Excellent writing skills
-Excellent oral communication skills -must be comfortable making calls to clients