Project Management AnalystBookmark This
The Business Solutions Center (BSC), a segment of Prudential’s Global Business and Technology Solutions (GBTS) division, provides services that can be leveraged across the company to support cross-business or individual business strategic initiatives (including Requests for Proposal, Mergers and Acquisitions, Disposition of Businesses, Remediation), to reduce reliance on external consultants, and to provide quick ramp-up for an initiative. Examples of services include: business analysis and planning, process development, data analysis, problem solving, program and project management, facilitation and implementation.
The BSC provides highly skilled people resources to deliver effective solutions to meet business needs. Thorough familiarity with Prudential’s lines of business and expertise in key business areas (e.g., financial services, operations, systems integration, and sales) enable BSC resources to deliver effectual, forward-thinking solutions that address business challenges in a cost-effective manner. In addition to having extensive business knowledge, BSC resources are well-credentialed by recognized management programs (e.g., Six Sigma and Project Management Professional (PMP)), and have a proven track record of exceeding customer expectations.
The BSC is seeking an individual to be a member of a team that is charged with supporting critical, large-scale engagements throughout Prudential.
As part of the BSC, the individual will work with engagement leads to manage scope, analyze issues and determine root causes, identify new information requirements to support business needs, manage complex and/or competing priorities, plan and organize tasks and generate engagement artifacts, troubleshoot problems and ensure successful implementation(s). The individual will also perform project management tasks, including managing project plans, reporting, issue tracking, etc. Additionally, the individual will gather data and track performance against measurable goals and coordinate or support engagement leads with cross functional support needs.
The individual will be required to travel to other domestic and international sites.
For US employees, this job is exempt and therefore not eligible for overtime.
· Minimum 2 years Consulting experience (external or internal) is highly desirable
· Minimum 2 years Financial Services industry experience, including an understanding and knowledge of insurance and investment products, preferred
· Experience in customer service, operations, finance or systems functions preferred
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to think about business problems in new ways and the ability to clarify key issues in complex situations
· Strong organizational and analytical skills and the ability to interpret complex data in meaningful and relevant ways.
· Detail oriented
· Highly self-motivated with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision in an extremely fast-paced environment
· Team Player - ability to partner, maintain and develop relationships
· Ability to effectively prioritize work based on business needs and manage multiple assignments at the same time
· Strong MS Office skills
· Project management and/or process mapping experience is helpful
· Four (4) year degree or equivalent business experience required
This position is based in Newark, NJ. Based on the location of engagements, travel to other domestic and international sites will be required.