Project Management InternBookmark This
MTA Capital Construction
469 Seventh Ave
New York, NY
DescriptionAs part of the largest transportation provider in North America, MTA Capital Construction(MTACC) was created to manage the Metropolitan Transportation Authority’s largest transit expansion in several generations and to serve the changing transportation needs of its customers for the 21st century. We are currently seeking applicants for Project Management Intern.
The Project Management Intern will assist the Director, Planning & Constructability with various construction management responsibilities for MTACC's East Side Access Project. Leadership and initiative shall be stressed and candidates will receive valuable development of basic project management skills.
MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE COLLEGE CREDIT OR BE IN A COLLEGE WORK-STUDY PROGRAM, AND BE AVAILABLE A MINIMUM OF 22.5 HOURS PER WEEK, DURING THE INTERNSHIP ASSIGNMENT.
The selected candidate will receive a free transportation pass for their primary means of commutation on either an MTA local bus, subway or railroad line.
Responsibilities- Assist with field inspection and measuring field progress.
- Assist Dir, Planning & Constructability with the development of daily reports and field records collection.
- Provide assistance with technical drawing reviews and reconciliation of comments.
- Assist with the update and maintenance of drawing logs, submittals and transmittals.
- Support the Dir, Planning & Constructability with change order tracking and quality control logs.
- Provide assistance in the preparation and distribution of project reports and meeting briefs.
- Attend strategic and management meetings as guest of assigned company mentor.
- Meet weekly with project mentor to share and discuss current assignments, goals and general status of objectives.
Requirements- Internship participants must be current undergraduate or graduate students in an accredited college or university pursuing a degree in engineering (any discipline), project management, construction management, science or mathematical studies.
- Must be eligible to receive college credit or be in a college work-study program.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft applications such as Outlook, Excel, MS Word, Access or equivalent spreadsheet, database or email communication platform or applications.
- Must have completed courses in engineering, accounting, scheduling, estimating or project management.
- Travel to NYC work site locations may be required.