Loyola University Chicago
1032 W. Sheridan Rd.
Description- Provides counseling and outreach services to students.
- Responsible for developing and implementing ongoing evidence based suicide prevention strategies and providing assessments of students identified by faculty and staff through the Liaison Social Worker.
- Evaluates prevention and intervention outcomes.
- Participates in weekly meetings with residence life staff and assists in offering suicide prevention programming and student trainings is required.
- Provides intakes and counsels students as needed and provides anger management and violence prevention groups.
- Provides short term counseling (6-8 sessions).
- Performs crisis intervention including rotating on-call pager duty.
- Performs other duties as required.
Some evening and weekend hours required.
Requirements-Ph.D. in clinical or counseling psychology; minimum of 5-7 years of experience, preferably at a university counseling or health center.
-Must be licensed as a clinical psychologist in the State of Illinois or license-eligible and attain licensure within three months of start date.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Interest and experience in multicultural counseling with diverse populations.
- Previous experience working in a multidisciplinary integrated health center.
- Interest and expertise in group therapy.
- Bilingual Spanish-speaking a plus
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.