Public Affairs Intern - Sioux Falls, SDBookmark This
6511 W 41st St
Sioux Falls, SD
DescriptionFunction of Public Affairs: The Public Affairs department at Planned Parenthood Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota works to educate our constituents and elected officials around reproductive health care and rights.
General Description: Intern will provide assistance to the Public Affairs department in Sioux Falls office, as well as helping to engage patients in our advocacy program as needed. Minimum of 10 hours a week. Flexible scheduling. Unpaid. Will work with professors to ensure college credit where available.
Skills Gained: Grass roots Organization, program coordination, policy, issues, and outreach.
Location: Sioux Falls
Apply: To apply please contact the Volunteer Program at 612.821.6113/1.800.230.PLAN or email email@example.com
ResponsibilitiesDuties will vary based on interests of intern and current needs of department and may include, but are not limited to:
• Legislative research
• Grassroots organizing and advocacy activities (burma shaves, canvassing, phone banking, letter writing, health center advocacy)
• Outreach/community visibility activities
• Administrative support (data entry, filing, photocopying, mailings)
• Other special projects as needed
• Strong commitment to Planned Parenthood’s mission
• Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
• Interest in the political aspect of reproductive rights
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently
• Reliability a must
• Supports Planned Parenthood’s Mission