Purchasing Assistant-SSS-Supply ChainBookmark This
Provides assistance in requisitioning supplies, minor equipment and services, including assisting requestors with their online requisitions and vendor portal orders. Provides clerical support for the Purchasing Department, which includes monitoring order confirmations and incoming requisitions. May cover for Buyer in his/her absence. Performs all Tier 3 customer service duties related to purchasing.
As a team member in Sutter Shared Services, establishes and maintains strong, collaborative relationships with all customers to identify additional ways to be of service and ensure customer satisfaction.
Supports the success of a high-performing shared services organization by helping to champion and drive the long-term Sutter Shared Services vision. Helps foster an environment in which continuous improvement in business processes and services is welcomed and recognized. Participates in programs and in using tools in support of building a high performance culture via the standard Sutter Shared Services responsibilities (e.g. performance measurement, people development, customer relationship management, etc.).
* Experience in office function support and data entry
* Experience with Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint preferred
* Experience in Supply Chain preferred
* Experience in the healthcare industry preferred
* Experience in shared services/internal service delivery role preferred
* Knowledge of basic office support functions
* Knowledge of Supply Chain practices, policies and procedures preferred
* Knowledge of medical terminology is preferred
* Knowledge of applicable state and local sales tax laws preferred
* Working knowledge of rules and regulations regarding Stark Laws preferred
* Awareness of contract terms/language preferred
* Ability to demonstrate strong figure aptitude
* Ability to communicate ideas both verbally and written
* Ability to process requests consistently with general supervision
* Ability to assess problems and resolve or escalate to appropriate team to resolve
* Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work and collaborate with the Sutter Shared Services organization as needed
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Strong attention to detail
* Requires the ability to work with and maintain confidential information
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required. Associate's degree (Clinical, Business, or Related)or equivalent education desired.