Purchasing Coordinator Full Time/ ExemptBookmark This
YMCA of Greater Boston
Under the supervision of the Executive Director/Director of Procurement of YMCA Shared Services, Inc., the Purchasing Coordinator will be responsible for providing assistance with vendor management, providing customer service to member YMCAs, product research, pricing and information management, and administrative support.
Essential Skills, Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide customer support to YMCA Shared Services, Inc. member YMCAs via telephone, email and in person.
- Provide requested pricing information and obtain vendor quotes.
- Research products for comparison purposes and to find the best solution for specific situations.
- Provide preferred vendor contact information.
- Resolve vendor issues as able and practical, and escalate the most serious to the Executive Director.
- Contact member YMCAs for feedback on vendor service, product quality, etc. to ensure that preferred vendors are worthy of and/or able to maintain our “preferred vendor” status.
Provide vendor management support to the Executive Director/ Director of Procurement with:
- Search for and vet potential vendors and services providers (thereby adding to the database and directory of appropriate vendors for Ys)
- Assist with the issuing, receiving and evaluating of RFPs (request for proposals).
- Verify quotes and proposals for pricing and service accuracy.
Provide information and administrative support:
- Assist with maintaining and managing YMCA Shared Services, Inc. documents, meeting records, contracts, etc.
- Assist with preparing meeting documents for Operational Team and Board of Director’s meetings.
- Assist with preparing training materials and mini-workshops.
Salary: $38,000- $45,000
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
- Proven ability to manage and undertake a multi-task approach to the day-to-day, handle changing priorities
- Computer Skills: must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel (quantitative analysis) and PowerPoint as well as competent at internet research.
- A solid understanding of the procurement process and procedures, philosophy and goals.
- Must have a car, and the ability to drive to the member Y locations currently in Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island.
- Physically and verbally able to interact with members and staff.
- At times, be able to lift up to 20 lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Ability to be flexible to work evenings, early mornings, weekends and holidays.
- Child Abuse Prevention
- Respect in the Workplace
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Team Leader):
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Ys value; demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs; recruits volunteers and builds effective relationships with them; supports fundraising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions; builds rapport and works well with others; seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view and remains calm in challenging situations; listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively; takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness:Makes sound judgment, and transfers learning from situation to another; embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience; establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work, and actively participates in meetings; follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately; strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance; demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process; accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths, and limitations and how they impact relationships; has the functional and technical skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.