Purchasing InternBookmark This
DescriptionLocation: Southfield, MI, United StatesEqual Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/DisabledDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:DESCRIPTION:For students bringing a team-oriented spirit, an eagerness to learn and a strong analytical ability, this is an excellent opportunity to join the Purchasing Process team of a leading global Fortune 500 automotive supplier. SCOPE:We are seeking talented entry level Supply Chain or Finance students for internship opportunities in our Purchasing department. The internship will provide exposure to new legislative requirements on Supply Chain. The candidate will have opportunity to contribute to the annual report filing due to the Security Exchange Commission. Tasks will include tracking progress in the supplier-centric due diligence for Conflict Minerals Compliance, enhancing the existing compliance database, managing responses from Conflict Mineral suppliers, developing a new process for gathering non-ferrous metal data used in the Company’s financial derivatives program, and working with Sales and Finance to identify escalator agreements with our largest customers and document their effectiveness at mitigating raw material price risk.REQUIREMENTS:
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Supply Chain or equivalent required witha minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Demonstrated skills in, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Proven track record of accomplishments both inside and outside ofthe educational setting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong motivation to drive results.
- Interest in Purchasing and/or Finance career path.
- Interest in automotive industry.
- Ability and drive to solve problems and suggest proactive solutions.
Note: Interested candidates are also required to respond to this posting via resume submission on Federal-Mogul’s corporate website: www.federal-mogul.com/careers. Federal-Mogul is an Equal Opportunity Employer.