QA Automation Intern - SNEI - LABookmark This
Los Angeles, CA
DescriptionTitle: QA Automation Intern - SNEI - LA
Location: CA-Los Angeles
Job Number: 27167
Sony Network Entertainment International LLC (SNEI), a
subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America, is the premier provider of digital
entertainment. Through the Sony Entertainment Network portal, consumers around
the world are able to access their favorite digital entertainment conveniently
and instantly on their favorite connected devices. SNEI offers the latest and
highest quality music, video, and game content through Sony Entertainment
Network as well as PlayStation Network while also delivering third-party
services. In addition, SNEI provides a compelling consumer experience
through innovative content discovery features and a simple user interface that
is globally consistent, yet locally relevant.
The Sony Network Entertainment Software QA
Automation Intern will assist in testing SNEI’s internal and customer-facing
applications using manual and/or automated testing techniques. This will involve developing, supporting, and
extending both existing and new functional test cases and scripts. Duties also include working with test case
management, issue tracking, source control, database, requirements management,
reporting, and other tools.
In the course of performing this function, the QA
Automation Intern will develop skills in automation framework development,
software testing, and associated organizational processes.
The QA Automation Intern will become a member of the QA
team, reporting to the QA Automation Manager.
They will be assigned to work under the direct supervision of a Senior
Automation engineer, who will be responsible for mentoring them.
• Execute and maintain existing automation scripts.
• Help develop test scripts using Selenium for SNEI’s
internal and customer-facing applications.
• Use issue tracking systems such as Rally, and test case
management tools such as Silk Central Test Manager.
• Work with QA team members, software developers, and
system and database administrators to trouble-shoot test failures in the
various test environments. This may
include trouble-shooting database issues using SQL queries, reviewing web
server and application server logs, etc.
• Must be actively pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related software engineering discipline.
• Must have completed at least 2 full years of a 4-year BS degree program.
• Must have completed some courses on software development.
• Adequate knowledge of programming using Java.
• Must demonstrate basic knowledge of web application
• Familiar with Java-based web applications, Tomcat, and
• Good knowledge of MS Windows operating systems and MS
• Experience with Java or another object-oriented
• Experience with database queries using SQL.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Team player who does not need extensive supervision.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally
protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the
U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic
information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower
employees and embrace diversity. We
encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in
contacting us and thank you for your interest in SNEI.
Job: Intern Opportunity