QA Intern – Scottsdale, AZBookmark This
DescriptionAs a SoftPoint (www.softpoint.us) Quality Assurance Intern, you will play an essential part of the development team where you will ensure that the functionality that makes its way off of developer's computers and into consumer’s hands meets the highest expectations of both our stakeholders and our customers. Quality is something that impacts every aspect of the technology team's daily duties and so you will be helping keep that to a high standard no matter what the task. Testing is of course one aspect of that, but it's also so much more.
Apply for this Position
If you wish to apply for this position please send an email to Irene Pie at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a cover letter and resume as well as indicating in the subject line "SoftPoint – QA Engineer".
Responsibilities• Perform software testing on our awesome web and mobile products
• Plan, document, and execute functional test plans and test cases
• Identify and document software defects, verify fixed defects
• Assess/Analyze product specifications and verify against customer requirements
• You will be involved at all appropriate levels of the development process. You'll turn functional requirements into test cases, help identify what systems can be potentially impacted by a release, generate test plans, augment/modify pre-existing test cases and plans as well as execute those test plans and provide detailed feedback to the development team in the form of bug reports.
• You will also play a role in helping maintain the overall quality of the SoftPoint environment. Bugs reported by our customer service team, other internal groups or external customers are routed through QA for triage and write up.
• Strong communication skills. You will be talking to different type’s people including project managers, business analysts, marketers, customer service, operations.
• Help contribute to the company's internal knowledge base. It's a work in progress but it's getting bigger every day.
Requirements• Excellent problem solving, analytical and technical troubleshooting skills
• Knowledge of web applications and service-oriented architectures
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word and Excel
• Microsoft Windows expertise
• A strong commitment to improving product quality and a resourceful testing mentality
• Experience with defect (or customer issue) tracking systems
• Experience creating test cases that include both happy path and all manner of edge cases
• We need someone with a developer mentality and some experience in that field.
• Highly disciplined and able to focus on getting a set of tasks completed in an agreed upon timeframe
• Able to prioritize tasks. Your plate is going to get pretty full some days and you're going to have to be able to stick to what you've been told is important
• Able to work in a fast paced environment
• Super communication skills.