QA Test EngineerBookmark This
1617 Ord Way
iSonea QA Test Engineers are responsible for ensuring software and systems meet iSonea standards for quality and reliability and for providing quality related support to the rest of the engineering organization. General duties will include testing (manual & automated), bug tracking, managing quality metrics, and creating documentation.
A special focus for this position is supporting our mobile platform products.
• Participate in the verification and validation of new and changed software releases against specified requirements
• Participate in all phases of system QA including:
o Reviewing requirements and design documentation
o Assisting in the development of hazard and risk analyses and associated testing
o Creating test schedules
o Developing test cases
o Executing and evaluating test plans
? Regression Testing
? Installation Testing
? Remote Testing
? Manual Testing
o Documenting test results and quality metrics
• Create, validate, and maintain a software test environment
• Participate in root cause analysis for defects and provides process improvement suggestions to eliminate future occurrences of similar defects
• Participate in the Quality System Audit Program
• Maintain excellent working relationships with Engineering staff
• Perform other duties as requested
• Engineering or similar related field
• Testing and automation architecture
• Agile development environment
• Android and Android build process
• iOS and iOS build process
• Validation of testing tools
• Experience in Verification and Validation or design of complex software systems desirable.
• Experience in Medical Device V & V under the FDA QSR preferred.
• Understanding of software development processes is preferred.
• Knowledge of federal and international regulations, such as FDA QSR, ISO 13485, and Medical Device Directive is preferred.
• Experience implementing multi-levels testing strategies (black-box, gray-box, white-box)
• Experience designing and executing requirements-driven, functional test cases and test suites.
• Ability to participate in and lead cross-functional teams to investigate and resolve problems
• Ability to make recommendations to improve the software development process
• Experience with medical device regulations and requirements for documentation and testing. Solid grasp of industry standards aimed at validating & testing software component(s)
• Keen quantitative and analytic skills
• Understanding of software development methodologies and software life-cycle
• Passion for test engineering and technologies