Quality Analyst (Contract) DICE L.ABookmark This
EA Studios DICE
Los Angeles, CA
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning developer based in Stockholm, Sweden and Los Angeles, USA, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise with the widely acclaimed Battlefield 4 being the latest installment. DICE is also home of the Frostbite Engine and creators of Mirror's Edge.
We are looking for experienced Quality Analysts to join DICE Los Angeles. As a Quality Analyst you will play a vital role in the game development process by being responsible for ensuring the quality and usability of all consumer facing content and features. This person will play a key role in qualitative assessments, early design and prototyping reviews, defect discovery and assessment, understanding development tools and workflows, and the creation and maintenance of test plans.
As a Quality Analyst, you will be responsible for running test cases/test suites, performing regression testing, verify claimed bug fixes and entering data into a bug tracking system. Teamwork and a professional attitude are key to this role. Although video game testing can be fun and rewarding, it is hard work. We are looking for responsible, dependable candidates who have an eye for detail, great work ethics, excellent verbal and written communications skills in English, and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Work with development partners to understand and communicate project quality objectives to test partners
- Assist in testing early prototypes and designs generated by the development team
- Utilize and understand the tools and development workflows in order to test and debug implementation
- Test content in development environments, focusing on defect discovery and prevention
- Engage with development during design planning to provide feedback and static analysis
- Test case creation based on design documentation or feature expertise
- Contribute to Test Plan components such as risk identification and mitigation
- Understand and communicate design changes to broader QA team
- Input and confirm issues in the projects bug tracking database
- Train additional staff on tool usage as necessary.
- Minimum 1 year of game quality assurance, software application testing, or other equivalent experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience testing PC and Console titles
- Strong analytical and observational skills
- Detail oriented with regards to visual and functional components of software
- Self-starter with excellent organization skills
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting capabilities
- Basic software and hardware troubleshooting skills
- Passion for video games and the first-person shooter genre
- 2+ years of experience in Quality Assurance
- Bachelors Degree in a related field to game development
- Experience shipping at least one AAA title in a testing role
Job ID: 31574