RADIOLOGIC PHYSICISTBookmark This
3300 GALLOWS ROAD
Falls Church, VA
Description***Inova Fairfax Hospital is seeking a PRN Radiologic Physicist***
- Proficient in external beam planning to assist Dosimetrist, perform second check of plan and perform quality assurance checks of the treatment planning system (TPS). The TPS for the department is Varian Medical Systems Eclipse with rapid arc option.
- Proficient in performing quality assurance tests on linear accelerators, TPS. This includes required annual, monthly and daily evaluations of the treatment, simulation and TPS systems using American Association of Medicine (AAPM) standards. The systems in the department are Varian Medical Systems Truebeam linear accelerator.
- Must perform physics clinical treatment reviews of patient treatment plans and ongoing treatment records per standards of AAPM and American College of Radiology (ACR).
- Must be proficient with the information system Varian Aria record and verify system to perform necessary physics and dosimetry medical record entries.
- Must be proficient in medical billing of physics and dosimetry workload performed in Radiation Oncology.
Inova Health System employees more than 16,500 talented individuals who provide exceptional patient care in a practice environment which promotes team work and personal growth. Expectations are high for the individuals we select, but the employment experience offers total compensation providing a competitive salary and a tailored benefits package including a variety of medical and dental plans, paid time off and a broad range of voluntary benefits and work life programs.Requirements 3 years experience in Clinical Medical Physics required. 5 years experience in Clinical Medical Physics Preferred.
M.S. in Physical Science.
Candidate has maintained education requirements to be a Certified Medial Physicist in good standing.
Completed a two year clinical rotation under a Board certified Physicist.
American Board of Radiology or equivalent (diagnostic/therapeutic).
Virginia Inspector within the first two months of hire, but must have submitted the application to the State at time of hire.
Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
Perception skills for 3-D visualization.
Computer skills to operate graphic computers.
Completed computer programming courses (e.g. C++, Mathlab).
Knowledge and experience as a functional administrator for PCs, networks and PACS.
Training in anatomy, experience with a 3 dimension imaging modality (e.g. CT, MRI).
Proficiency in Varian Variseed treatment planning and providing Physics and Radiation Safety support for prostate seed implants.
Proficiency in High Dose Rate afterloader Brachytherapy planning using the Nucletron Oncentra system.
Proficiency in micro-sphere radio labeled therapy (dosimetry, treatment application and radiation safety).