R&D Engineering Co-Op (Intern/Co-Op)Bookmark This
DescriptionTitle: ENGINEERING CO-OPFull-time/Internship: Co-OpLocation: Marinette, WI Hr./Wk:40 hours per weekWork Authorization:U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent ResidentTyco Business Unit: Tyco > Tyco Fire Protection Products > RD COMPANY OVERVIEW Tyco (NYSE: TYC) is the world's largest pure-play fire and security company. Tyco provides more than three million customers around the globe with the latest fire protection and security products and services. A $10+ billion company, Tyco has more than 69,000 employees in 1,000 locations in nearly 50 countries serving the world's most demanding environments, including banking and financial services, oil and gas, marine, government, healthcare, retail, home security, transportation and commercial and industrial. More information on Tyco can be found at www.tyco.com. BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW A segment of Tyco, Tyco Fire Protection Products is a global leader in fire and life safety. We provide fire detection, sprinkler, suppression, special-hazard, and emergency communications solutions to customers in countries spanning six continents. With more than 30 manufacturing facilities worldwide, we provide safety and security for millions of customers around the world every day. Plus, we offer a comprehensive array of testing, inspection, maintenance, and repair services to keep fire and life-safety systems in top working order. JOB OVERVIEW The Marinette Research and Development team is offering an 8-month Engineering Co-Op to qualified candidates. The primary responsibilities of the Co-Op will be to support design, testing and project coordination for new product development. Roles Responsibilities Candidate will work under the direction of a lead engineer to:
- Prepare design layouts, detailed drawings, and specifications.
- Coordinate prototype efforts.
- Compile and analyze operational, test, and research data to establish and/or evaluate performance standards and limits for new or existing products.
- Confer with research personnel and other technical functions as required to clarify and resolve problems and develop designs.
- Plan and hold meetings when appropriate.
- Prepare and present reports and presentations as needed.
- Interact and coordinate project activities with internal functions and external partners throughout design process.
- Perform all elements of the job in accordance with established procedures.
Education Completed junior year/junior level engineering courses working towards a BS or completed first year of an MS degree in Mechanical Engineering. Skills Product Design Testing Project Management Strong Interpersonal and Communication Skills Computer Proficient (MS Office, MS Project, CAD, preferably Pro-Engineer) Organized Detailed Oriented Self-Motivated and Drives for Results Availability:
- Assignment starts June 2014.