RECEPTIONIST (PRN Days)Bookmark This
Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital
18220 Tomball Parkway
Work Shift: DAYWork Week
Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital opened its doors to Northwest Houston in December 2000. In May 2010, a major expansion on the 52-acre campus doubled the size of the hospital, brining more expertise, more state-of-the-art technology and more specialized care to the community. With 251 licensed beds, 14 operating rooms and over 1,400 employees, Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital was specifically designed to provide comprehensive, personalized care for the community.
JOB SUMMARY: The Receptionist is the first point of contact for customers and is an integral part of the team providing quality care to patients in an I CARE Values environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Greets and directs patients, visitors, physicians, vendors or Houston Methodist Hospital System personnel to appropriate person/unit /office. Assists customers in obtaining information, directions, and services.
2. Answers telephone in a timely and professional manner, routes calls to appropriate person or takes complete and accurate messages; and activates code teams (fire. CPR, etc.). Ability to manage multiple calls is necessary.
3. Communicates effectively with patients, visitors, employees, management and medical staff.
4. Demonstrates skills/ability to activate facility and department emergency plans.
5. Orders supplies as needed.
6. Responsible for a variety of clerical duties as assigned.
7. Attends departmental and mandatory hospital meetings.
8. Demonstrates the components of the I CARE values statement (Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence).
9. Demonstrates Service PRIDE standards (Smile and make eye contact; greet each patient and visitor; seek out patient and visitor contact; displays appropriate body language at all times; take 5 minutes each day to go above and beyond for one patient or visitor; honor diversity; thanks every customer).
10. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: High school diploma or G.E.D. required
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Minimum one year of secretarial or clerical experience processing calls, dispatching and customer service required.
CERTFICATES, LICENSES OR REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED: American Heart Association CPR required
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED: Proficiency in English, grammar and spelling. Knowledge of Hospital Information Systems preferred. Knowledge of medical terminology and bilingual abilities preferred. Minimum typing skills of 30 wpm.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Methodist is firmly bound. Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Methodist on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, physical or mental disability, medical condition, ancestry, marital status, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic information or status as a Vietnam-era veteran or special disabled veteran .