RND - PhD - Doctoral Internship- Fem Care ScientistBookmark This
The Procter & Gamble Company
DescriptionMost people think of everyday actions as ordinary.We don't.For 175 years, we have been innovating for the seemingly ordinary detergent, toothpaste, diapers, shampooand so much more. All because we believe that with the benefits of our everyday products, ordinary actions can have extraordinary effects. We call this The Everyday Effect.We believe everyone deserves an extraordinary day, every day. Join us in creating extraordinary moments every day. PG serves approximately 4.6 billion people around the world with its brands, operates in approximately 75 countries worldwide, and has the strongest portfolio of trusted, quality, leadership brands,including Pampers, Tide, Pantene, Gillette, Oral-B, and Old Spice. As a PhD intern at PG, you will be working on projects that will expand your capabilities (that can be completed within 10-12 weeks) and will be meaningfully related to your classroom and research education. The training and mentoring we provide will represent an unparalleled opportunity for professional andpersonal growth and the opportunity to explore a career in industry. The objective of this position is to create detailed molecular understanding of technical drivers for fragrance release from a cyclodextrin carrier. This will require measuring release of fragrance raw materials via gas chromatography, then taking those results and performing statistical modeling against known molecular parameters to create predictive technical models for optimizing release from cyclodextrin complexes. By utilizing this information together with desired fragrance character, creating mixtures that will deliver higher release while maintaining the desired character should be achievable. Further to this work is to measure and understand the impact of carrier fluids on the release. Job Responsibilities:
- Screen release of fragrance raw materials from cyclodextrin complexes via gas chromatography
- Create correlation of molecular parameters to degree of fragrance release
- Optimize fragrance mixture for release while maintaining desired character
- Dimension impact of carrier fluid on fragrance release
Candidatesshould attend graduate school in a US State or territory, beenrolled in a STEM PhD graduate program of studyand be eligible to work in the United States. Other qualified candidates, including foreign nationals that require US work authorization for full time employment, will also be considered for participation.
- Gas chomatophy skills, or demonstrated ability to quickly learn analytical instrumentation
- Fluency with molecular parameters: polarity, volume, shape, solubility paramaters, etc.
- Statistical data analysis regression modeling
- Attention to detail / excellent hands-on laboratory skills