Real Estate Investment Associate, Loan Origination - D.C. areaBookmark This
DescriptionPrudential Mortgage Capital Company ("PMCC") is one of the nation's largest full-service commercial, multi-family and agricultural real estate lenders. Prudential Mortgage Capital Company originates a wide variety of mortgage investments across its platform for Prudential's General Account, investment management clients, and other third party capital sources (such as Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, or other institutional investors).
Prudential Mortgage Capital Company is seeking a highly-motivated graduate from a top MBA program for placement as Investment Associate within Loan Originations. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and comfortable working in teams. Prior experience in real estate and finance is strongly preferred.
The Investment Associate will be hired onto a small, fully-integrated mortgage origination team. Investment Associates are responsible for sourcing and originating investments for the wide variety of Prudential's capital sources.
This position is located in Arlington, VA but other opportunities may be available in other PMCC locations such as New York City, Newark, Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Atlanta, and Dallas.
Exciting Career Opportunities:
Over time, an Investment Associate will have the opportunity to manage all aspects of the loan origination process, including presentations to senior management, debt structuring, pricing strategy, transaction negotiation and closing, and due diligence review. The job will require developing relationships with prospective borrowers or intermediaries while maintaining and building enduring relationships with existing clients.
In addition, an Investment Associate may supervise the team's analytical staff on a wide variety of assignments, including cash flow modeling, risk analysis, property valuation, and the use of proprietary internal "quality rating" models and loan sizing templates. The exact team and the location of the position will be established once an employment offer has been made.
Introductory Rotational Assignments:
A unique and valuable attribute of the position is the nine month Associate Training Program, which provides a powerful opportunity to obtain practical, hands-on training in a variety of areas in real estate and finance. Possible rotations include:
- Originations: Provides exposure to loan originations including assisting in calling efforts, review of deals, and negotiations with borrowers
- Special Servicing Workouts: Provides an opportunity to assist in the asset management of Prudential Mortgage Capital's real estate owned portfolio, inspect and value underperforming assets, and negotiate with borrowers for properties in default
- Underwriting: Provides exposure to key underwriting skills such as lease reviews, borrower structures, cash flow analysis, third party reports, loan sizings, and investment committee presentations
- CMBS - Secondary Markets: Provides an introduction to assessing opportunities to buy and sell bonds, whole loans, and loan participations backed by commercial real estate
- Development of strong credit, underwriting, and valuation skills
- Exposure to all commercial property types (multifamily, industrial, retail, office, hotel) and exposure to various domestic and international real estate markets
- Experience with multiple real estate debt capital sources, lending programs, and innovative loan structures
- Direct interaction with senior management, clients, and intermediaries
- Potential to take on increased responsibility and individual accountability within the deal team as well as within the broader organization
- Competitive compensation and benefits program
- Candidate pursuing Graduate degree (MBA), ideally from a top graduate business program, recent graduate or graduating in May/June 2013
- Concentration/major/focus in finance and/or real estate a strong plus.
- Strong quantitative skills and demonstrated analytical ability.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Outstanding communication, previous management experience preferred.
- Ability to work both independently and as an integral member of a team.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, (Excel, Word and PowerPoint), strongly preferred