Recruitment InternBookmark This
The Centers for Families and Children
5209 Detroit Avenue
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
DescriptionThe intern will help increase the capacity of the El Barrio staff by helping to work with the already established El Barrio clientele, and working to recruit new clientele. In addition to this, this intern will work to retain the existing positive relationships that already exist between El Barrio and their current clients. This position is unpaid.
Responsibilities• Cultivate partnerships between El Barrio and prospective placement sites
• Give input on promotional and recruitment strategies to attract and enroll clientele in El Barrio’s workforce development programs
• Assist in the design, production and distribution of electronic and printed material required for the promotion of the recruitment plan.
• Advertise the success of El Barrio clients through the authoring of client success stories
• Screen, interview, and verify applicants’ eligibility requirements for the corresponding program.
• Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned.
Requirements• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Must have proven ability to work independently in an organized, time-efficient, results-oriented manner
• Must work effectively and professionally with diverse groups, all levels of staff within organization, and the public
• Must have the ability to manage multiple priorities with frequent time constraints and be able to handle confidential information
• Excellent interpersonal skills and effective oral and written communication skills required
• Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred, but not required