Recruitment InternBookmark This
Episcopal Social Services
305 Seventh Ave
New York, NY
DescriptionEpiscopal Social Services (ESS) currently serves some 5,000 of New York City’s most vulnerable residents annually through a broad range of programs in human services, including foster care and adoption, family preservation, early childhood education, after-school programs, group homes for developmentally disabled adults, and community re-integration of the formerly-incarcerated.
ESS is currently seeking a motivated Human Resources Intern (unpaid for credit) for our Human Resources Department. In this role, you will assist the HR Generalist: Recruitment Specialist with a diverse set of responsibilities including administrative task and special projects. This internship is designed to build your acumen and provide hands-on experience in various aspects of the human resources function.
Responsibilities• Support the Recruiting Specialist with reference checks and employment verifications
• Schedule interviews with qualified candidates
• Help manage resume submissions to our HR inbox
• Screen applicant resumes and identify qualified candidates
• Participate in face-to-face interviews
• Attend Job Fairs with Recruitment Specialist
• Assist in the update of employee files
• Assist in various HR projects and events
• Complete various administrative tasks including, filing, faxing, and scanning
Requirements• Working towards a college degree and/or graduate degree in Human Resources, Non-profit administration, or related field preferred
• Must be able to dedicate a minimum of 20 hours per week to the internship, on a regular defined schedule
• Knowledge of MS Office applications. Word and Excel required.
• Ability to create databases
• Strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organization skills and attention to detail