Registered Dental AssistantBookmark This
Pacific Dental Services
POSITION: Registered Dental Assistant
Are you looking to join a stable company that is experiencing a tremendous amount of growth, values your contribution, and provides you with a career rather than just a job?
WHAT YOU’LL DO
• Assist the dentist as necessary to gain the patient’s commitment for the best possible treatment with urgency.
• Perform functions in accordance with the applicable state’s Dental Auxiliaries Table of Permitted Duties.
• Actively participate in attempting to achieve the Perfect Patient Experience® by striving to keep your patients focused on the best possible treatment with urgency.
• Attend to the patient’s individual concerns and expectations.
• Maintain a clean, sterile, and cheerful environment where your patients feel comfortable; prepare patients for treatment, and assist the doctors - thereby enabling them to provide efficient, quality dental treatment.
• At the direction of the dentist, obtain dental history and/or records from patient, and complete x-rays and intra-oral pictures of patients as appropriate.
• Prepare tray setups for dental procedures.
• Present instruments and materials to dentists and keep patients' mouths dry and clear by using suction or other devices.
• At the direction of the dentist, instruct patients on postoperative/ general oral health care, and record patient charting and all doctor notes on treatment record.
• Sterilize and disinfect instruments, equipment, and operatories in accordance with the American Dental Association guidelines.
• Maintain adequate supply levels in each operatory, replenishing as needed.
• Maintain strict compliance with State, Federal, and other regulations, (e.g.,
OSHA, WC, Dental Board, HIPAA,ADA, FEHA, DOL, HR policies and practices).
WHAT WE SEEK
Our ideal candidates possess the following qualifications:
• Even-tempered analytics that can render quick appropriate decisions and
• Must be attentive listeners who can address problems, suggestions, and issues constructively.
• Specified training courses as mandated by state for certification, licensure or registration requirements.
• Equivalent to high school diploma or general education degree (GED); Or,
• Associate degree or one-year certificate from an accredited college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Certificates/Licenses/Registrations: As mandated by applicable state (e.g. coronal polish, x-ray exposure, ultrasonic scaling for orthodontic procedures, pit and fissure sealant application, etc).
WHAT WE OFFER
Your commitment to Pacific Dental Services® is the key to our success. In turn, we’ll reward you with a benefits package that shows we care about you, your family and your future. We encourage team members to develop their distinctive talents and strengths—and embrace an entrepreneurial spirit that rewards individual achievement.