Registrar InternBookmark This
Patrick Painter Inc
Santa Monica, CA
DescriptionThings you should have experience with already:
• Designing User Interfaces and web sites.
• Proficiency in both HTML and Flash.
• Proficiency in Mac OS, FTP and Adobe Creative Suite.
• Working knowledge of Wordpress.
Interns must commit to at least two days per week. Gallery hours are Tuesday-Saturday, 10am-6pm. Internships are available for course credit. This Internship has the possibility of full time hire upon completion.
ResponsibilitiesBased on a program of supervised learning, Interns in the Registrar's Office work directly with the Registrar and may assist with art object and archival record keeping, assessing the condition of artworks, conducting research on the permanent collection. Interns are also responsible for daily tasks including typing, ?ling, data entry, and use of collections management software. Candidates must have excellent organizational skills and be detail oriented. Applicants should have computer and general administrative skills.
• Proficiency in a Mac OS environment.
• Proficiency in MS office.
• Education in Fine Art/ Art History.
• Previous gallery experience a plus.
• Interns must commit to working Saturdays. Gallery hours are 10am-6pm.
• Internships are available for course credit.
Please e-mail cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org