Commercial Insurance Reimbursement Associate HealthcareBookmark This
BAYADA Home Health Care
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity in a fast-growing industry? Do you want to make a difference in people’s lives while you grow your career and learn the business? We’re BAYADA Home Health Care—a leading home health care company—and we believe that our clients and their families deserve home health care delivered with compassion, excellence, and reliability. We want you to apply your energy and skills to this dynamic and entrepreneurial environment and become an integral part of a caring, professional team that is instrumental in providing the highest quality care to our clients.
Our Reimbursement group located in Moorestown, NJ are looking for a Reimbursement Associate to join our team.
Benefits include growth potential with a values-based organization, competitive salary and insurances, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, and 401(k) with a company match.Responsibilities:
- Manages portfolio of patient accounts.
- Processes billing and submits invoices to insurance companies and other payers.
- Reviews payer documentation for appropriate payments and bills for co-pays as necessary.
- Contacts payers to resolve underpayments and denials.
- Coordinates with service offices, including identification and correction of billing issues.
- Advises service offices of significant payment issues and insurance benefit changes.
- Informs supervisor of difficult collection issues and patterns of non-payment.
- Advises supervisor of computer generated inaccuracies or required program changes.
- Reviews payment and discount posting and performs transfers as necessary.
- Updates patient file with new and corrected information including documenting all collection activity in the accounts receivable system.
- Prepares refunds as necessary.
- Protects the integrity and confidentiality of patient and company files.
- Maintains acceptable standards of attendance, punctuality and dependability.
- Participates in special projects: prepares reports and presentations using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Drafts and distributes professional correspondence and announcements.
- Opportunity to learn additional aspects of organization through technology training, hands-on learning, cross-training and site visits.
- Maintains knowledge base of payer billing regulations, timely filing deadlines, and payment procedures.
- Bachelors degree in Business or Healthcare Administration.
- Computer proficiency including, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to organize, self-motive and work independently.
- Ability to problem solve with an attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess good interpersonal skills and superior customer service skills to interact effectively with service offices, clients, and payers.
- Integrity and Confidentiality are qualities required for this position.
- Collection experience in a health care business office setting is a plus.