Healthcare Claims Research AnalystBookmark This
Clinical Licensure Required :N/A
Job Type:Full Time Position Summary:
The Research Analyst is responsible for conducting the analysis component of research projects to determine the overall value of Caremark products and services and investigate clinical and epidemiologic research questions of interest to CVS Caremark.
In this exciting role you will be able to be involved in, but not limited to, the following:
• Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to gather needs, develop specifications and requirements.
• Analyze data, construct and manipulate large datasets to support planned analysis using SAS, SQL and similar tools.
• Independently analyze data and apply statistical testing according to methods specified in project research protocols and other specification documents.
• Lead analytic components of projects. Use appropriate levels of guidance from supervisors or more senior colleagues to meet the demands of the request.
• Effectively communicate analytic results through tabular and graphic displays and written reports.
• Complete tasks and manage deadlines according to schedule. Required Qualifications:
To be considered for this position, candidates must meet the following criteria: 1-3 years of healthcare analytics experience to include participating in study design as well as proficiency in SAS programming. Basic understanding of epidemiologic and/or health services research design and methods. Strong analytic abilities with basic knowledge of statistics and regression/predictive modeling techniques. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Preferred Qualifications:
PBM experience. Experience accessing data with SQL Analyzing large administrative pharmacy and/or medical claims databases. Training in Predictive modeling/data mining techniques. Education:
Masters degree in epidemiology, public health, statistics, health economics or related field. Business Overview:
CVS Caremark, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units - MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.