Healthcare Claims Research AnalystBookmark This
Clinical Licensure Required :N/A
Job Type:Full Time Position Summary:
The Research Analyst is responsible for conducting the analysis component of research projects to determine the overall value of Caremark products and services and investigate clinical and epidemiologic research questions of interest to Caremark.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Participate in the development of study design and the development of research protocols.
• Work with data analytics team to develop specifications to create analytic databases.
• Analyze data according to methods specified in project research protocols.
• Lead analytic components of projects. Use appropriate levels of guidance from supervisors or more senior colleagues to meet the demands of the request. The end products are pre-defined, but the process of completing tasks is self-determined.
• Effectively communicate analytic results through tabular and graphic displays and written reports.
• Complete tasks and manage deadlines according to schedule. Required Qualifications:
The successful candidate will possess the following characteristics: Basic understanding of epidemiologic and/or health services research design and methods. Strong analytic abilities with basic knowledge of statistics and regression/predictive modeling techniques. Experience accessing data with SQL and analyzing large administrative pharmacy and/or medical claims databases Proficient in SAS, SPSS, STATA and/or other quantitative analytic software packages. Understanding of the PBM business and healthcare issues. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Preferred Qualifications:
In addition to the educational requirement, at least 3 years of research and programming experience and at least 3 years of industry or related experience are preferred, but recent graduates will be considered as well. Education:
Masters degree in epidemiology, public health, statistics, health economics or related field. Training in predictive modeling/data mining techniques preferred. Business Overview:
CVS Caremark, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units - MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.