Research AssistantBookmark This
DaVita Labs and Clinical Research
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This position assists with the conduction of trial specific procedures and research projects and to perform subject care related to specific trials to ensure compliance to protocol and deliver the highest quality clinical trial services available to study sponsors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
Accurately execute all procedures throughout trial conduction to ensure GCP/regulatory and protocol requirements are being met.
To perform proper source documentation, data collection, adverse event reporting, lab specimen collection, and lab processing for all trials to maintain high quality data output.
To communicate in a timely manner subject or trial procedure information to the Investigator and/or Project Manager and Supervisor on an ongoing basis to ensure the safety and integrity of subjects and recover the data collected for all trials.
Assist in creating and/or verifying laboratory specific source documentation at trial assignment for research staff to ensure protocol requirements are met
To read all research protocols and attend any education session provided to research teammates on trial conduction or research projects on an ongoing basis to ensure adequate comprehension and training for all trials conducted at DCR.
o Assist in training new teammates on protocols, procedures, current trials in progress, and employment policies and procedures
Assist with inventory, order, and stocking of supplies; ensure trials are not delayed due to lack of supplies
Assist with CQI processes and other research projects throughout trial conduction for DCR to confirm accuracy of data
Accurately execute all procedures throughout trial conduction to ensure Good Clinical Practices (GCP), regulatory and protocol requirements are met
Maintain confidentiality of all company and patient information in accordance with HIPAA regulations and DaVita policies
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned including but not limited to:
o Work overtime with little or no notice as needed
o Evening and weekend shifts (or rotation) and on-call responsibilities
o Attend team meetings, phone conferences, and training as needed
o Know, understand, and follow teammate guidelines, employment policies, and department or company proceduresHere is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
Education, licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties, include computer skills as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Two year tech degree preferred
- Medical Assistant or medical background preferred
- Intermediate computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required; strong Internet research preferred
ESSENTIAL BEHAVIORS, SKILLS AND ATTITUDES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESS IN THIS POSITION
- Commitment to DaVita's values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, teammates, management, physicians, and/or vendors (Village Service Partners) in everyday performance and interactions
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills including ability to listen attentively and to communicate information clearly and effectively
- Demonstrated ability to work well with cross-functional groups
- Demonstrated interpersonal, collaborative, and relationship-building skills; ability to interact positively with teammates at all levels across the company
- Approachable and open
- Demonstrated time management skills and ability to work independently, handle multiple priorities concurrently with shifting time frames, and meet deadlines; self-starter with high degree of initiative, urgency, and follow through
- Demonstrated strengths in organizational, attention-to-detail, follow-through, analytical, reasoning, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to present and document work according to standards required
- Willingness and desire to create a team learning environment and to foster a positive, fulfilling work environment
- Demonstrated ability to balance department efficiency and field service excellence
- Willingness to assist teammates in order to achieve departmental goals
Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to perform successfully the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the position
- Demonstrated ability to read, speak, and understand medical terminology most commonly written and spoken in English
Vision adequate to perform essential duties and responsibilities of position.
Physical requirements can vary. These must be reviewed with management. However, in general, the position requires the following physical activities:
Ability to lift minimum of 1 pound to a maximum of 35 pounds unassisted and able to perform repetitive standing, sitting, stooping, walking, stretching, reaching, and use full range of body motions
Ability to hear and interact by phone and in person clearly and efficiently
Ability to use computer and all peripherals as needed to meet goals
WORK ENVIRONMENTLEVEL I - Job required tasks routinely involve a potential for mucous membrane or skin contact with blood, body fluids, tissues or potential spills or splashes. Use of appropriate personal protection measures is required for every healthcare provider in these positions Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen." Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today. Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply. To learn more about our Village and the world of dialysis, click here.
Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn DaVita is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.