Retail Leadership Development Program Atlanta GA (SC Region) 1QTR14Bookmark This
DescriptionThe multi-faceted Retail Sales Leadership Program provides participants with training and experiences that will prepare them to step into retail management positions and launch a promising, progressive career with the skills and confidence that ensure success. Core components of the program which is conducted in Atlanta at AT&T’s wireless division headquarters, include:
- Intensive 12 month focus on developing leadership, management and coaching skills
- Classroom training and practical, hands-on assignments - both individual and team-oriented
- On-site, in-store rotations interacting and learning from our very best retail experts
- Includes working in a retail store for 6 weeks so you are fully prepared when you graduate from the program!
Once you graduate, you will be placed in a retail store location. There, your responsibilities will be to:
- Develop and lead a professional retail sales team to ensure achievement of store/kiosk revenue targets, operational goals and 100% customer satisfaction.
- Supervise the overall daily operation of a store including hiring, coaching, disciplining, and scheduling of employees to ensure cost effective and quality Store Operations.
- Ensure customer satisfaction.
- Maintain inventories at adequate levels, promote sales, and maintain the appearance of the store.
- Complete accounting and paperwork associated with cash receipts and prices and conduct physical inventories.
- Meet assigned sales performance and profitability criteria.
- Set appropriate individual performance standards for the store/kiosk in line with national standards.
- Develop, implement and monitor a store prospecting plan to increase sales.
- Facilitate and participate in weekly staff training/educational sessions to increase knowledge, create high levels of motivation, and inspire team to achieve results.
- Establish and monitor store/kiosk work schedules and staffing issues to effectively manage payroll expenses.
- Exhibit a high level of leadership presence within all aspects of the business and other internal departments.
- Effectively manage profit and loss responsibility for store/kiosks and protect company assets.
- Analyze various business reports for trend analysis and strategic planning purposes.
You will be responsible for all functions of the retail store/kiosk to include sales, customer service, inventory, and technical troubleshooting. You will maintain internal visual merchandising and in-store displays and ensure store appearance meets company standards at all times. You will analyze transactions to continuously find methods to simplify procedures, improve processes, and maximize resources.
Must be pursuing or have completed a Bachelor's degree
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Applicants must have unrestricted right to work in the US on a permanent basis
- Willingness to relocate to Atlanta, GA for duration of program and travel to markets as needed
- Willingness to relocate anywhere within AT&T’s U.S. coverage area upon completion of the program based upon current business needs
- Ability to pass a criminal background check and drug test
- The successful candidate will be able to perform the following with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays upon graduation of the program
- Ability to operate a personal computer, wireless equipment, copier and fax
- Undergraduate degree emphasizing Business, Retail Management or Marketing
- Prior retail or customer service experience
- 3.0 or higher grade point average
- Experience leading at least two different organizations on campus