Retail Sales Associate (Little Havana) - Miami, FLBookmark This
Gordon Food Service
For more than 100 years, Gordon Food Service has been honoring our promises to our customers and employees. As the largest family-owned foodservice distributor in North America, our family-owned company has a long history of pursing innovative ideas and building strong relationships.
Gordon Food Service (GFS) Marketplace, the retail division of Gordon Food Service, first opened in 1979. Committed to serving the needs of our communities, GFS Marketplace is open to the public, and does not charge a membership fee. Now, with over 150 stores, we are rapidly growing throughout the Midwest and Florida. Our stores are the primary supplier for many small foodservice operators, including restaurants, churches, day care providers and other small businesses. We also assist our customers with their home and event-planning needs.
The continued growth of current and new markets allows for the addition of new talent to join our team. Were seeking great people looking for professional and personal growth and a place to make a difference in peoples lives. If you are interested in joining an innovative, supportive, values-driven company, we invite you to consider a career with Gordon Food Service.
Are you looking for a new opportunity with a strong, stable and financially smart company? Do you want the opportunity for advancement in your career? If so, then Gordon Food Service is the place for you. For more than a century we have been honoring our promises to our customers and employees. As one of the largest privately held foodservice distributors in North America, our family-owned company has a history of pursuing innovative ideas and building strong relationships.
Among many responsibilities, this position is involved in the following activities on a regular basis:
- Sales Associates are trained to perform the daily operations of Gordon Food Service (GFS) Marketplace stores by being cross-trained to perform the following functions: building customer sales, providing superior customer service, stocking, inventory management, front-end services, operating a cash register and maintaining store conditions.
- Sales Associates that operate a cash register are responsible for ensuring accurate and efficient processing of customer purchases through the point of sale. Ensures security of assets including cash, checks, and merchandise. Will also be responsible for stocking during shift.
- Sales Associates that perform stocking duties are responsible for accurately receiving and merchandising products, ensuring proper rotation and product quality audits. Additional responsibilities include: end cap and planogram execution; proper and accurate sales operations; sign printing and sign compliance; top stock, freezer, cooler and backroom organization and price maintenance procedures.
- Sales Associates that perform Food Demonstrations are responsible for preparation and set-up of demo cart/display, distribution of samples of product from the monthly food demonstration guide, and suggestive selling. Additional responsibilities include maintaining quality standards for products, following all safety and sanitation guidelines, stocking and cashier duties.
- Sales Associates will be cross-trained to perform other duties within the store.
Key qualifications and requirements for this position include:
Currently enrolled in a high school program, or high school diploma or general equivalent degree.
- At least one year of customer service or sales experience in a retail environment preferred.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and customer service skills. Must have the ability to multitask, prioritize, and work independently or within a team environment. Must have basic mathematical aptitude. Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Basic computer skills, cash-handling experience and experience utilizing general office equipment, POS, RF Gun, and slicer preferred.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
Normal retail store environment. The employee is frequently required to lift, reach, handle and move products and items within the store environment. The employee must be mobile. The employee must frequently bend, lift, and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Some of the great things that we offer our part-time Associates, here at GFS Marketplace:
- Flexible schedules that fit your needs
- Associate Incentive Program
- Team-oriented, fun working environment
- Employee discounts
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer.
GFS Marketplace is a drug free workplace and drug tests all employees.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco free.