Risk Associate - Cranston, RIBookmark This
Citizens Financial Group
The Internal Assurance function adds value by providingassurancetoCSA business managers, risk managers, and Divisional Policy Standard Owners that policies have been effectively implemented. This involves conductingrobust, independentreviews of business processes and control environments, andtosample and test to determine the fit for purpose (adequacy) and effectiveness of controls and tests. The functionprovides an independent perspective andacts asa trusted advisor to business unit management to identify and remediate customer, financial, regulatory or reputational risks.
Under supervision of the Internal Assurance Manager and working with the Internal Assurance Team Lead, the Internal Assurance Analyst I / Risk Associate:
- Works independently, in concert with the Internal Assurance Analyst II, Internal Assurance Team Lead and other team members to perform all or partial sections of the assurance review plan, taking into account the resources available and constraints imposed;
- Participates in carrying out full or partial reviews of a range of RBS asset types assessing the effectiveness of controls, utilizing data analysis, observation, interviews with colleagues with business and / or Third Parties, under direction from Internal Assurance Manager or Lead Analyst;
- Drafts assurance documentation to high quality, requiring minimal amendment or review;
- Supports the preparation, planning and implementation of assurance reviews by creating and distributing agendas, meeting minutes, action items and other supporting documentation;
- Identifies and records risks and issues in accordance with audit standards, escalating where appropriate;
- Provides additional assistance or coverage oftesting, as necessary;
- Performs ongoing follow up of assurance issues, with support where necessary from senior colleagues, to ensure theses are addressed by the business;
- Works with all stakeholders to ensure they have a full understanding of their responsibilities and commitments to the assurance reviews; and,
- Participates in knowledge sharing events to promote own and others' business / product knowledge and continuing professional development.
- 2 5 years of experience in anAudit, Information Security, Business Analysisor Assurance role, and understanding of Audit or Security Risk
- Experience gathering information from a range of different sources and in a number of different ways e.g. data collection, interviews, meetings, review of processes, manuals, and documentation review
- Able to develop test plans and process maps
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize workloads and work on own initiative
- Demonstrated experience working as part of a team - coupled with ability to gather and analyze information provide a suitable solution
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of RBS Citizens, N.A. to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any othercategory protected by federal, state and/or local laws.