Rush Rookies: Operations & LogisticsBookmark This
6990 Columbia Gateway Drive Suite 360
DescriptionRush into an exciting new industry! Obstacle races are the fastest growing segment of the outdoor event/fitness industry – join us for a great way to launch your career and have a blast doing it!
Hero Rush is a national firefighting-themed obstacle race and experience. Our interns – Rush Rookies – are creative, highly organized and can’t wait to learn the business! Currently we are seeking Rush Rookies to work with the logistics team in our Columbia, Maryland office beginning in January 2013.
Interns work at least 20 hours/week within the hours of 9am to 6pm in our Columbia office (plus possible weekend travel to events as needed).
ResponsibilitiesRush Rookies will:
• Work with Ops Managers on a daily basis on assigned duties for each 2013 Hero Rush event
• Help locate, solicit bids from and secure local vendors for operational and logistical needs such as port-a-jons/showers, tenting/tables, lighting, fencing, sound, etc.
• Place orders for equipment approved by Hero Rush team; confirm arrival, keep inventory
• Follow up with all logistical vendors prior to event setup
• Be available for travel to some or all 2013 events – may include up to three days to set up and two days to tear down.
• Work at least 10 hours/day during event week; work 12+ hours on event day
• Work with Sponsorship team to ensure all needs are met for promised deliverables to each sponsor
• Be able to lift at least 50 lbs. and perform physical labor onsite at events
• Assist in overall course layout to ensure proper space and flow of race participants
• Assist in the training/managing Volunteers on race day
• Other duties as assigned by any Hero Rush team member
RequirementsRequirements include online research experience, ability to organize large amounts of information, clear communication skills, interest in race/event setup and logistics, ability to travel to multiple events throughout the year, ability to lift 50lbs and assist with manual labor onsite. Office hours for Rush Rookies are within 9am to 6pm in our Columbia office (plus possible weekend travel to events as needed).
To be considered, please answer each of the following in 100 words or less:
• Check out our web site – why do you want to work for us?
• Check out our Facebook page – what do you think our fans want in an obstacle race?
• Check out a couple of our competitors’ websites – what sets us apart from the crowd?
• Check out your own resume – why should we pick you? (Please highlight your organizational/event experience here.)
• What’s not on your resume that you want to tell us?
Please submit your answers along with your resume. No phone calls, please.