SAGE OpenBookmark This
2455 Teller Rd.
Thousand Oaks, CA
DescriptionAt SAGE, we believe that education is intrinsically valuable and we are passionate in our commitment to promote engaged scholarship throughout the world. With offices spanning six continents, SAGE aims to be the world’s leading independent academic and professional publisher by disseminating high quality scholarship on a global scale. Join the team of talented and motivated professionals who are creators of innovative and award-winning journals, books, and electronic media products.
This position provides administrative support for the Social Science Journals Editorial Department specifically assisting in online research for SAGE Open and by assisting with various editorial projects. The main goals of this position are as follows:
• Provide support to SAGE staff working on SAGE Open
• Various research, reporting, and editorial projects, as assignedS
ResponsibilitiesThe essential job functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Conduct online research to identify appropriate article editors for individual manuscripts.
• Assist SAGE and external staff working in the SAGE Open SAGE Track site, as needed.
• Communicate with authors, reviewers, and editors to help facilitate and manage the peer review process online.
• Provide backup support to SAGE staff, as needed.
• Assist on various editorial projects, as directed.
• Work on various research or reporting projects for SAGE Open or the department
• Perform daily work with minimal supervision.
• Represent and act as ambassador for SAGE externally, by phone, and e-mail as well as in person.
The additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Work with academic/professional editors and internal staff (including Editorial Assistants, Production, Marketing and Sales, Art/Design, Information Technology and Contracts) to support the journals program and acquisitions activity.
• Work with fellow interns to complete tasks and manage team workload.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Working knowledge of the English language both speaking and written
• Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to work up to 25-40 hours per week
• Social media experience at either a personal or business level
• Business communication skills
• Knowledge of the academic peer review process
• Bachelor of Arts Degree in either English, Communication, or a related field
• Experience working in a group or on a team
• Experience adhering to procedures and departmental guidelines
• Publishing experience; any aspect (magazine, school newspaper, book, etc.)
• General office work
Qualified California college candidates kindly submit their resume and cover letter to http://www.sagepublications.com/careers/