SAS Data AnalystBookmark This
DescriptionA client of ours, a top-tier Automotive Company, is looking for a SAS Data Analyst to be based in Torrance, CA.
The responsibilities of the SAS Data Analyst will include:
- Working with large datasets, primarily in SAS
- Combining SAS, Oracle, Netezza, and flat files in support of Collection decisions
- Performing statistical analysis that support Collection related initiatives
- Designing and maintaining queries and reports to monitor and analyze strategy and portfolio performance
- Communicating business results to management and internal business partners
- Designing and developing data tables that support Collection strategies and scorecard modeling activities
- Partnering with Risk, Operations, and Technology departments to assure that business requirements and procedures are correct, clearly document and properly implemented
- Highly skilled in SAS (3+ years minimum intense experience)
- Experienced with SQL (3+ years minimum experience in SAS/SQL, Oracle, and/or Postgres/Netezza)
- Experience working with large data sets
- Strong understanding of relational databases and data warehouse concepts
- Skilled in Linux
- Positive Attitude
- Team Player
- Eager to Learn
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or another analytical field such as mathematics, economics, statistics, Operations Research, etc. Advanced degree preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Excel VBA, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience with Tableau or other web based report delivery vehicles
- Strong analytical, statistical, and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with a decision engine (i.e. SMG3, Triad, Strata) and risk technology is a plus
At Sharp Decisions, we specialize in recruiting IT and business professionals currently working at top-tier firms.
Our clients include high-profile and Fortune 500 companies in the fields of automotive, finance, healthcare, insurance, investment, software, travel / hospitality, and government agencies of all levels.
Sharp Decisions recently launched our V.E.T.S.™ Program, training and returning veterans to the workforce, while providing companies with enthusiastic and proficient workers. The Vocations Education Training for Service members Program expands upon the expertise of these capable veterans, creating career paths for success. We encourage veterans to join our V.E.T.S.™ Team and harness these unique skills to bring more jobs to former service members and America.
Our 22-year reputation of success is built upon knowledge, integrity, and trust, and our recruiting team works tirelessly to match candidates with clients to insure a perfect fit.
We offer contract, contract-to-hire, and full-time positions with top-tier and Fortune 500 companies, as well as all levels of government. If you have the passion and knowledge to bring to an expanding, dynamic global team, Sharp Decisions has opportunities for you.
Sharp Decisions is a Certified Woman-Owned Business Enterprise and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information about our company and to see our other career opportunities, visit www.sharpdecisions.com.