SECRETARY IIBookmark This
Houston Methodist Hospital
6560 Fannin St., Scurlock Tower, Suite 220
Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
Since its founding in 1919, Houston Methodist has earned worldwide recognition. Houston Methodist is affiliated with the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, one of the nation's leading centers for medical education and research. Houston Methodist is consistently ranked in U.S. News World Report’s “Best Hospital” list and was recently named the number one hospital in Texas. FORTUNE magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of “100 Best Companies To Work For” since 2006. Houston Methodist directs millions of research dollars into patient care and offers the latest innovations in medical, surgical and diagnostic techniques. With 1,119 licensed beds, 73 operating rooms and over 5,000 employees, Houston Methodist offers complete care for patients from around the world.
Performs secretarial duties that may require considerable experience, skill and knowledge of organization policies and practices. May prepare correspondence, memoranda, reports, etc. May compose routine correspondence and memoranda. Screens telephone calls and receives and directs visitors; and may resolve routine inquiries. May schedule and maintain calendar of appointments, meetings and travel itineraries and coordinates related arrangements. May prepare and distribute minutes of meetings. Operates a personal computer and appropriate software packages or its equivalent. Assists in the routine departmental activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Answers telephones, troubleshoots and direct calls to the appropriate person in a professional manner.
2. Files, faxes, photocopies, mails and maintains department filing system.
3. Types various correspondence including letters, memos and various other department communications.
4. May perform routine duties associated with a specific departments core functions/services.
5. Demonstrates the components of the I CARE values statement.
6. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Completes all hospital required and job-related in-services and applies the information s needed.
7. Performs other duties as assigned. Duties and tasks are frequently non-routine.
8. Resolves most questions and problems, and refers only the most complex issues to higher levels.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Associates degree or higher preferred.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: 2 years of secretarial or administrative experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Methodist is firmly bound. Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Methodist on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, physical or mental disability, medical condition, ancestry, marital status, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic information or status as a Vietnam-era veteran or special disabled veteran .