SPORTS MARKETING & OPERATIONS INTERNSHIPBookmark This
79 Manet Rd
Chestnut Hill, MA
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: 3 Full-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
Timeframe: 09/01/13 — 12/31/13
TRACS is interested in a variety of candidates with writing, marketing, communication and computing skills. Joining the TRACS team will allow you to get hands-on experience planning sporting events, developing budgets, sending press releases and creating strategic marketing plans and sponsorship packages.
We are currently seeking students to fill openings during Spring & Summer 2013.
For testimonials from past interns and co-ops please visit our website at http://www.tracs.net/internquotes.html.
SPORTS MARKETING & OPERATIONS INTERNSHIP
Emerging Elites, a division of TRACS, Inc., recognizes the developmental needs of talented and competitive middle and high school athletes. This year-round, structured training program goes beyond traditional training and features a comprehensive and individualized approach for each athlete, including nutrition guidance, performance evaluation and educational components.
- Support the daily operational needs of the program, including practice preparation, support, and wrap-up
- Help maintain website pages & athlete bios; contribute to social media efforts
- Assist in year-round marketing campaigns & conduct market research in support of marketing/branding efforts, as needed
- Maintain program & individual athletic statistics
There is a one semester (summer) requirement, though preference will be given to applicants who can commit to two-semesters (spring/summer). Flexible hours between 9:00am-9:00pm are available with a minimum of 24 hours per week. Ideally, this intern will split his/her time between office hours (between 9am-5pm) and practice hours (6pm-9pm). Internships are unpaid, but eligible for academic credit.
Our preferred applicants are organized and detail-oriented. Experience in cross country and track & field is preferred, though not required.
We recommend that interns have access to a car during the internship.
All interns will be required to complete a background check prior to start of internship.
- Strong attention to detail
- Good role model
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Clear and concise communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong computer skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Experience with Dreamweaver or HTML is a plus