STAPLES Center Foundation Intern FallBookmark This
714 W. Olympic Blvd. Suit
Los Angeles, CA
DescriptionAnschutz Entertainment Group, Inc. (“AEG”) is a subsidiary of The Anschutz Company and one of the leading sports and entertainment presenters in the world. AEG owns a collection of companies including multi-use facilities such as STAPLES Center and Home Depot Center in Southern California, several sports franchises including the Los Angeles Kings (NHL) and Los Angeles Galaxy (MLS) and AEG LIVE, one of the world's leading concert promotions and touring companies. AEG is also currently overseeing the development of L.A. LIVE, 4 million sq. ft. downtown L.A. sports, residential and entertainment district.
Responsibilities• The STAPLES Center Foundation allocates thousands of tickets to worthy charities in the Greater Los Angeles area. The STAPLES Center Intern must maintain a highly organized distribution program to reconcile the significant donation of tickets; ensuring ticketing needs are met in relation to youth recreation initiatives, recognition programs, sponsorship fulfillment, etc. The intern will work to allocate tickets, track donations, ensure thank you and charitable receipts are received.
• The intern will be responsible for facilitating all volunteer needs, inclusive of recruitment, preparation of information materials, day of event contact and follow up, for STAPLES Center Foundation events and programs.
• The intern will organize small-scale Community Outreach initiatives inclusive of all elements relating to preparation and successful execution of each event and program.
• The intern will facilitate education programs to include working with mentoring partners on a regular basis to produce successful results, coordinating reward and incentive prizes for students, writing website and newsletter articles to promote the programs and organizing auxiliary activities.
• The intern will seek opportunities to bolster the STAPLES Center Foundation visibility through the recognition of philanthropic efforts of local organizations and individuals.
• As the STAPLES Center Foundation relies nearly entirely on monies raised by Foundation fundraisers it is imperative to present successful and well-received events. The intern will have assigned tasks to produce maximum results in a time-efficient manner.