SW Engineer InternBookmark This
DescriptionJob Description: Responsibilities may be quite diverse of an exempt technical nature. U.S. experience and education requirements will vary significantly depending on the unique needs of the job. Job assignments are usually for the summer or for short periods during breaks from school.
You must be a graduate student, or accepted for a graduate program prior to May 2014, in Computer Science or Computer Engineering. Additional qualifications include:
- Core CS/CE courses including programming, operating systems, data structures, network programming, algorithms, computer architecture, computer communication etc.
6-12 months experience in broad theoretical knowledge in computer science, including algorithms and data structures
- Education/experience in firmware, drivers, middleware, frameworks
- Good communication and presentation skills, and the ability to persuade others in the technical viability of any proposed product solutions
- Varied software skills and possess good problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- A working knowledge of C and/or C++ and Object-Oriented programming is required, C# would be an added advantage
- Knowledge in coding Visual Studio* 6 or .NET* 2003, Microsoft* Foundation Class, Windows* Driver Model, and UI development would be an added advantage
- Basic understanding of PC hardware and developing application software in a Windows* environment would be an added advantage
Previous internship or related job experience in system software design and development on Linux/Android and/or Windows is a plus.
Must have permanent right to work in the US.