Saharaforest InternshipBookmark This
DescriptionWe are looking for an intern who is interested in what we do to assist in a variety of online and offline activities including:
1. Develop suitable online communication material and promotional messaging to a wide audience
2. Keeping the online activities up to date with particular reference to networking with current and past contacts; chat rooms, bulletin boards, social networking sites, etc.
3. Communication with universities, government and other agencies to further the effectiveness of our partnerships with those bodies.
4. Assisting the management team in the development of communication systems.
5. Helping to arrange educational courses in Ireland, Moracco and other parts of the world, there is no need to be in these places.
7. Research of websites where potential external links could be created to our various projects.
8. Planting trees locally and creating and helping out with tree planting workshops and food growing workshops.
Please see the following websites which describe what we do:
Saharaforest Organisation website http://saharaforest.org/ Ning website - please take the time to watch the videos http://saharaforest.ning.com/
This represents an opportunity to work with a team in an International Project, which is based online.
Upon successful completion of the term of the internship (which is negociable from 2-12 months) the Intern will get a reference.
ResponsibilitiesThis list is not exhaustive and other duties/responsibilities may be added depending on the competencies of the intern
- Coordinate online marketing and advertising campaigns and update Web sites
- Collaborate with the Communications Department and report to the Senior Digital Strategist
- Organize staff and coordination and community outreach
Requirements- Provide links to 1-3 social networking profiles to demonstrate interest and knowledge
- Possess skills in writing, presentation, interpersonal relations, and customer management
PROFILE OF SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
Free thinking - able to think for yourself
Excellent level of English as telephone (skype) work and networking are all an integral part of the job,
Fluency in languages is a distinct advantage
Able to work alone or with others equally well.
Desire to cut out bureaucracy and get things done.